Samantha Skye.: LDLW: A Personal Day

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

LDLW: A Personal Day

It's Wednesday! And if I have any readers in LDRs, it's our day today! Except it's my day today. Sorry y'all, I'm taking this Wednesday to talk about myself and my relationship. Sort of, just a quick blurb.

But really, I am falling asleep at work. I slept horribly, and I'm trying to stay awake by guzzling the coffee. Which is going to give me heartburn, but hey, we all have to make sacrifices.

So anyway, on to this week's LDLW.

Facebook. A place where people usually proclaim their love for their significant other? Yeah, not me. Surprisingly enough, not everyone supports LDRs (note the sarcasm). For instance, Dan's dad. Well, we aren't really sure if he does or not - he's ever really said. But for the entire time we've been long distance, we've been back and forth with his dad. Granted, we're both 20 and (going to be in a month) 21 now, but his dad is a large influence in Dan's life. Not that anything else should be expected, it's his dad.

Anywho, so his dad gets kind of weird when we've posted stuff on Facebook about us being together, so for a long time, we haven't had anything on there regarding our relationship. Granted, we just recently got back together for realsies but we didn't run to FB right away and start posting it up. But last night, this happened:


Eeeeee!! I'm a happy camper :) Yes, I will admit, I'm one of those people that needs to have everything on FB. More just keeping my profile updated than anything. If I move, gotta update; if I get into a relationship, gotta update; if I start a new job, gotta update, etc.

Since we've been on and off for the past couple of years, we have had 2 anniversary dates and we still haven't decided what this one is going to be. We want it to be something special, a significant kind of date that we can celebrate. So right now, there aren't going to be monthiversaries. Yes, I'm that weirdo too. The thing about this time, is that we're both in it for the long haul. I'm not going to dive into every little converstation we've had, but this time around, we're both confident in each other and in our future together. Huzzah!

On a related note: I'm thinking of starting up a linkup for this. The only problem: I have to branch out more and find more of a LDR community on here. Tumblr's community is huge and I'm sure Blogger has one too! If you're reading this, and you know of people in LDRs, send some links my way so I can check them out!

And of course, have a great Wednesday!

 
P.S:
 


The Hump Day Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment