Samantha Skye.: Excuses

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Excuses

Tales Of A Twenty Something

Happy Tuesday everyone! I am happy to report that I did work out yesterday! And I'm planning on going again after work today! I haven't weighed myself lately, or measured myself. Which is something I really need to do before I continue on this journey because I want to see the inches dropping along with the pounds. When I lost weight before, I didn't lose weight so much as I lost inches. I was gaining muscle, which was keeping the scale around the same area. I also need to take some pictures. But that's not what I wanted to talk about today. I was reading Allie's post this morning, and it got me thinking about myself and my own weight loss journey. 

I make too many excuses. And then I go and make excuses about making excuses! I need to start being honest with myself, as well as others. Because if I keep making excuses, nothing will get accomplished. In the end, whether I lose weight or not is completely dependent on myself. It won't be anyone's fault but my own. If I want to change, I can't rely on anyone else but myself. It's good to have outside motivation, but in the end, that won't make me thin. 


So today, I am going to make a promise to myself to stop giving excuses for not working out. Or for eating crappy food. I'm going to start being honest with myself and with everyone around me. If I want this bad enough, I have to do it. No excuses.




P.S. If you guys didn't know, today the best movie ever was released on DVD!! So if you haven't already, get your buns out there and buy it!! 




6 comments:

  1. So very true, I am the queen of excuses when it comes to working out!! For some reason blogger is being a pain today and errors me out when I try to "follow" but at least theres bloglovin to the rescue. Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It's a pain, but a necessary one :) Glad to have a follower aboard! :D

      Delete
  2. This was perfect! I constantly find myself making excuses, and valid or not, they're still excuses, and you're right, excuses will get you nowhere! Keep on keepin on and stay committed! you got this girl!

    xoxo, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! It's definitely going to be a struggle, but it'll be worth it!

      Delete
  3. Yes Yes Yes! So much yes! This has to be a decision you make. It's great to have people to motivate you, but at the end of the day, their support only takes you so far. And just think. Once you do accomplish your goals you can "I DID THIS". Not my mom or boyfriend or friend etc... but I DID THIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great feeling!! I've only missed one day this week, and even though I was aiming for 0 days missed, I still feel better about it than I did last week. I just have to keep pushing forward :)

      Delete