Samantha Skye.: I'm Committed

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'm Committed

I was racking my brain all day trying to think of something to post up here today. And then I actually decided to check my feed and the other blogs I follow and I found this awesome link up that could be an awesome inspiration to me. Linkin' up with Allie from Tales of a Twenty Something!


Tales of a Twenty Something


Last week I told myself I was going to lose weight, and actually do it this time. Dan has been my absolute best supporter and without him I don't think I would be able to do this. It's only been a week, but I already feel better. About myself and what I look like. 

I've been wanting to go every day, but sometimes things get in the way. And I'm trying to tell myself that it's okay, but I'm having a hard time believing it. For example, today I didn't have much time to work out. I still went to the gym, though. Because otherwise I would have felt terrible. So Dan challenged me to see how fast I can run a mile. I ended up being about 9 minutes and 45 seconds. And for me, that's awesome! In grade school, it used to take me almost 16 minutes to get that mile in. And when I am able to spend time at the gym, I run for 30 minutes and usually get to about 2.5 miles. Which averages about 12 minutes a mile. Still not bad. But today, I shaved 2 minutes off of that time! It felt awesome!

After that, I went in for the 12 minute body enhancement session and I really cannot wait to see if this thing works or not. This was only my second time using it, so we'll see. What I really should do it post some pictures. The before pictures that everyone hates posting up. But it could be a push - I'm going to hate that people can see them, so that will only make me want to lose it faster. Right?! I think so.

I'm aiming to lose 10 pounds by the 17th next month - that's when I'm going to visit Dan for his birthday. I want to get back to the weight I had been when I started at my latest job. That's my first goal. And then from there, I want to keep going little by little until I get to where I want to be.

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday!

 

2 comments:

  1. It is SO great to have someone there motivating you and I truly believe it's one of the key factors in being successful. One of the numerous times before that I've tried to get healthy, an ex boyfriend did it with me. One day he brought home our favorite candy bar and we split it. Even if he's a doucehbag now, that was the single best moment ever. And running a mile! Holy moly, I can't even run half a mile or for 3 minutes so you are doing amazing already. It's really key to make sure you get to the gym no matter what. Things do come up, but I've found that saying "okay I workout from 4pm-5pm" really cuts down on the "oh I can't go today, I'm too busy" you know? Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Allie!! It's getting easier and easier to get there, and working out is actually fun now instead of a chore. And finding blogs that are talking about the same thing is awesome too. Can't wait for next Tuesday to do this again! :)

      Delete