Samantha Skye.: Help!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Help!

Hiya everyone. It's Tuesday, which means I get to talk about my weight loss progress and inspire everyone else. Well, that's not going to happen today. The second part, that is. I'm the one that needs a little inspiration today.

Allieology


I've decided I'm only going to weigh myself on Tuesday mornings, before I make this post. And the result this morning was not good. I haven't lost ANYTHING. I made it to the gym everyday last week, I did a bunch of housework yesterday that got me feeling good. And nothing. Granted, I still haven't gotten around to measuring myself, because I'm hoping that I'm at least losing there. My legs do look different to me, they look a little smaller. As I'm sitting here now looking down at them, they look tighter and they feel pretty firm. The other day my sister had her head on my leg and she was upset because it wasn't as "squishy" as it used to be. Which is good, that means something is happening. But I was hoping to have lost actual pounds.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't eat a super strict and healthy diet, but I do watch what I eat and try to keep my portions in control. I workout for a good amount of time, I go until I burn. I'm supposed to lose about 5 pounds in the first week and then 1-2 every week after that. Going off of what I know about Weight Watchers and other research I've done. But that hasn't happened.

The only thing I really splurge on is a drink from Starbucks on Tuesday mornings because I have an hour and a half before I have to be to work after I drop my sisters off, and I live too far away to go back home.

For the most part, working out makes me feel better about myself. I know I don't look drastically different yet,  but I feel genuinely good about myself. Until I step on the scale. Maybe I am losing inches, I just don't know it because I haven't gotten around to doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I could sure use some. Or just encouraging words. That would be awesome too.

Here's hoping we all have a great Tuesday!




10 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! I didn't lose anything about a month! It is so frustrating, but you'll get there! Muscle does weigh more than fat...so it all could be turning into muscle which will mean you may not lose right away. I use myfitnesspal to track calories I'm eating to make sure I'm not eating more than needed in my calories because sometimes we can eat something and not realize how it affects us.

    You'll get there just keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I might start tracking what I eat instead of just estimating. That might help a little. Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. Coming over from the link-up. Don't let one week get you down. Use this as motivation for this week and I'm sure you'll see a change by next week. I would also suggest tracking your food for a bit. That has always helped me. Also, at least you didn't gain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, it DEFINITELY sounds like you're making progress! You might not be seeing it on that darn scale, but if you FEEL different and can SEE differences, then I definitely think you're in the right direction! Also, how much water are you drinking? Drink a buttload! I also recommend tracking food, but I also recommend switching up your workouts! Do something a little different and see if it gives you different results! I like to keep my body guessing, so I'm constantly doing something different! :) Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That helps a lot :) Thanks all of you for your support, it's helping me a ton!

      Delete
  4. I agree with the others that say don't let one week get you down. Also don't let the scale be your only determining factor - our bodies fluctuate often! I do second the recommendation of keeping track of food and drinking lots of water. Tracking my food has helped me see where my poor choices are. I use the Fitness Pal app and it has really helped me a lot!

    Go off of how you're feeling and looking - not what the scale is saying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from the link up. Scales suck!!!! I wrote a whole post about why I hate scales. I'm a weight fluctuater and I try and go off how my body looks and how I feel. Good luck and keep up the good work girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are the best! Thank you all for your awesome words, they've really helped me to feel better. And for the record, I killed it at the gym today! I feel good about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The key is to stop counting all the things that aren't happening and start counting all the things that are! Your legs look tighter and you feel smaller, that's great! Even though most of us (myself included) live and die by that number, it's not the only thing we should focus on. Also remember that you didn't GAIN any weight and that's a great thing! You are doing all the right things. Everyone has weeks where they feel like they aren't making progress, but don't give up when you are feeling uninspired. That is when you need to push forward the MOST. YOU GOT THIS GIRL! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete