Samantha Skye.: A Big Tuesday Mashup

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Big Tuesday Mashup

Morning! I only have about 20 minutes to write this, so here we go. I haven't covered very much going on with me lately, and I have a bunch of pictures and stuff to post up. Starting last weekend. No, not two days ago weekend, but April 5th and 6th. Yes, that far back. Which is super behind for me.

So we went to Chicago for my uncle's funeral. Which was kind of a downer, but I didn't really know him at all so my sisters and I were really just there for moral support for my mom and grandma. It was really nice, though. I got to see my family that I only get to see every once in a while because they live in Chicago (wow, what a thought. Why else would I go down there?). My sister did this cool braid thing on me, which I need to learn how to do:

It's a french braid at the top and then she turned it into a fishtail braid. I thought that was pretty awesome. After the funeral, we all went out to eat and the restaurant was super nice. I wish I would have gotten pictures. The only reason I'm sharing this one is because I got such a kick out of it. I'm twenty years old, almost twenty-one, and I was ordering kiddie cocktails. Not real ones, but the kid kind. The Sprite soda with cherry juice.


I want to say I had about three of these. So after that, we cruised on down to see downtown Chicago before we headed back home. I was able to get a couple of cool shots, but nothing much. Anyway, enjoy the like, two pictures I got:

 

 

So that was really fun. I couldn't get too many pictures because I was too busy taking in the awesome sights. My sister got more, but I don't have any of them on my computer here. Anyway, moving on because I have about 5-10 minutes left here. A girl at work had a baby, and little Jenah is two months old now. Heather and I are pretty good friends, and I've been promoted to Auntie Sam (hehehe). So since Easter is this weekend, Heather wanted to get Jenah in to see the Easter Bunny. On Saturday we took her to one of the local malls around here and got her in the big bunny's lap. It was so freaking cute! Enjoy:


My favorite one :)

After that we walked around the mall a bit while I got some stuff. While we were in Victoria's Secret, the girls were hoarding us trying to see the baby. And plenty of them asked if she was mine. Hah, I wish. I know Heather looks like she could be my mom if she had me at 16, but no, Jenah isn't mine. It was cute though. After that we ended up in Clare's, and took advantage of their Easter things:


Isn't she adorable?! Okay, I have about a minute left here. Moving on. 

Allieology


Tough it out Tuesday. Let's see. I've been tracking my calories, and doing a pretty good job. I really love the fact that if I do cardio I get extra calories back to eat. It's a good motivation. I will admit, I didn't go to the gym for like three days in a row, and I'm not going tonight. But based off of the whole 80/20 thing with diet to exercise, I'm okay. Since last week, I only lost .4 pounds, but hey, that's better than staying the same OR gaining. So I'm feeling pretty okay. I'm starting to wrap my head around the fact that I won't see many results for a while, even though it still sucks. Seriously, I've been eating so good and working out, I think I should be a stick by now. But that's why they call it hard work, because you actually have to work at it. 

Okay, I have to get to work now for a big company meeting so I'll leave it at that. Oh, plus an announcement:

I'M SEEING DAN TOMORROW OHMYGOD!!

I leave tomorrow right after work, and I should be all wrapped up in his arms by tomorrow night :) Don't worry, I'll take plenty of pictures! Okay, have a good day guys!!







3 comments:

  1. So sorry that your trip was centered around a funeral - but it's always nice to come together with family to grieve.

    Great work on keeping your diet in check - I'm doing a 100oz water challenge per day this week that's keeping me motivated!

    Jessi @ Not the Average Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have me going to the bathroom every 2 seconds haha. I'll be checking up on that challenge, it might be something I could do too! :)

      Delete
  2. Thumbs up on the weight loss. ANY LOSS is a loss! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete