Samantha Skye.: TIOT: Inspiration and Motivation

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TIOT: Inspiration and Motivation

Happy Tuesday! It's time for the weekly fitness check in. We're not going to talk about what happened when I stepped on the scale, because it's depressing and we're just not going to go there. Okay? Okay.

(I just want you all to know, this is my first scheduled post :O I couldn't wait until Tuesday to write this)


Allieology
 
On Sunday, I started going through clothes to see what I wanted to keep and get rid of, and it kind of took a bad direction. I was trying things on, and noticing that some things I had worn last summer really didn't fit me now. So out of curiosity, I stepped on the scale two days early. After my self esteem took a nose dive, I gave up on finishing my cleaning project and opted to hang out on Pinterest pinning all sorts of fitness stuff. Even though cleaning my room would have been more of a workout than pinning stuff. I never said I was perfect.

Later that night, after I had settled in bed for the night, I was browsing Facebook on my phone when I came across this video that I had seen a while back, but had forgotten about. I really  believe that after the mood I had sunk into, this video came across my news feed for a reason. I started crying like a minute in, because what this guy has to say really has an impact on me and I hope that it helps some of you guys too who are also struggling with this journey.

 
If you guys are anything like me, grab some tissues.
 

 
 
 
I hope you guys take the 5 minutes to watch this, because it's so very worth it. I woke up feeling better about myself, more determined to make this fitness thing happen and I don't want to give up. If Arthur can do it, in his condition, I can certainly do it too.

I'm thinking about the dedication and commitment he must have had, and it's amazing. Looking at myself, I honestly don't think I could have kept with it. I probably would have given up and just suffered through life. And that's something I have to work on, the mental stength to be dedicated to something so much that you don't give up. Everyone talks about the physical strength involved in weight loss, but there's so much more mental strength that you need as well.
 
I hope this video helped, because it really helped me. Have a good Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. hope you can at least find some good in things girl. go here http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/youre-not-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now, I thought we were ignoring that scale. She's a liar and has no friends, remember? :)

    I love that video - so inspirational and proof that anyone can do whatever they put their minds to. I can't even do a headstand! :)

    Baby steps, my dear. I'm here to support you.

    ReplyDelete