Samantha Skye.: LDLW: Why LDRs Suck

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

LDLW: Why LDRs Suck

Good morning everyone. Today I was going to talk about why LDRs are good, but then last night/this morning happened and I decided I'm going to cover why they suck instead. A depressing turn, but I'm not feeling too happy right now. So, let's get a list together of why LDRs suck!

 

1. You are super dependent on technology.
If your phone isn't working, you can't talk to them. If your computer isn't working, you can't Skype them. And that really super sucks. Plus, people start making stupid comments about how you're always on your phone. Or how you are always ducking out to make a phone call. Or how you're declining plans to "sit in your room all night" because they don't understand the concept of a Skype date.



2. You and math suddenly become best friends.
If you're in an LDR, that usually means you are doing some kind of countdown. Counting the days until you get to see them, counting the days it's been since you've seen them. Counting the months that you've been apart anc counting how many more until you are together; counting the minutes until you have to pack up and go back home without them. It's like Sesame Street LDR edition.

(I don't necessarily agree with the fact that it gets easier, but it's not so depressing as you get closer to seeing them again)

3. When you're counting down, time goes too slow.
I'm experiencing this now. I'm going to see him next week, and it's taking soooooo looooong to get there!

 
4. And when you do get there, time goes too fast
This is the worst part. Visits are the absolute best, but you're also trying to forget about the fact that you have to pack up and leave eventually. I try to stay happy until the morning I have to leave. Otherwise you can't really enjoy yourself when you should be soaking up any and all time you have to spend with them.

 
5. If you get in a fight, you can't kiss and make up
This one. I'm going through this right now, since I'm a butt head and can't seem to keep my damn mouth shut when I know I'm not going to say nice things. The worst thing ever is fighting, and then not being able to make up. Well, you can make up but you have to go off of hearing "it's okay" and not getting a hug with that. Then you're left feeling like a shit, especially when they have to go for a bit right after that and you're left thinking the worst.
 
 
6. The drive/plane ride/bus ride home is agonizing.
I hate leaving, but the way home doesn't help either. Usually when I go see Dan, I drive. So when I come home, that means a 7 hour long car ride home, by myself, crying until I can't see the road. Driving through Chicago when you're crying is no picnic, let me tell you. After a few hours, I'm okay, but once I see the "Welcome to Wisconsin" sign, the waterworks start all over again. Partly because that means I'm almost home and I don't have to rely on my GPS, and partly because that means my trip is over and I have to go back to living without him.
 

There is a crap ton more reasons. I just can't think of them all right now. Next week I'll cover the original topic, why being in an LDR can be a good thing. I hope you guys have a great day.

 

2 comments:

  1. Aww this makes my heart hurt. I was in a LDR that didn't work out and all of these things are so true. Thinking of you and hope things are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry! It's really hard, super hard, and the statistics of LDRs working out suck but we're making it work. But thank you Jessi! Things are good here :) xoxo

      Delete