Samantha Skye.: Tough It Out Tuesday - I Have A New Plan

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tough It Out Tuesday - I Have A New Plan

Allieology

Goooood morning darlings! Happy Tuesday! So, after a rough self esteem night because I'm not losing fast enough, my dad had to step in and get my head back down from the clouds. (Thanks, Dad, you rock!) I was upset because I wasn't losing anything, plus I'm PMSing like it ain't no body's business, so I'm all bloated and blehhh. Really, how much does that suck? Being a woman is just awesome sometimes. I digress.

So I've started tracking my calories, using the MyFitnessPal app on my phone and it's going fairly well, actually. It measured out how many calories I should eat a day based on my weight and height, so I'm on a bit of a schedule now. Aaaand I did my weekly weigh in and I've lost a pound! And hopefully this one will stay off because I lost one a while ago and then it came back. But if I keep tracking my calories, I should be losing a pound a week. So that, mixed with working out, hopefully there will be results. 

I had to keep reminding myself that it takes a while to see results, and I still haven't measured myself yet. I need to find a bloody tape measure. But all in due time, first I'm trying to get on a regular schedule and stick with it. A work out schedule, that is. I was supposed to do triceps and chest yesterday, and I ended up doing a half hour on the arc trainer instead. So my legs feel great, but my arms are sad that they don't feel great too. So really I just wanted to talk about tracking my calories today, and that I've lost a pound so far. I don't have much else to give to you guys, my motivation comes and goes, and I'm continuously working towards my commitment to this. I'll get there guys, it just takes time. Patience has never been a friend of mine, you can ask my boyfriend that. 
 
 
Starting: 238
Current: 237
Goal: 135
Pounds Lost: 1
Pounds to go: 102


2 comments:

  1. Dad's are awesome aren't they? I've learned that to change my body I also have to change my mind - the mental side of weight loss is so much more powerful to overcome than the working out or eating part. It's all about the way you go into it - deciding to succeed.

    Great plan to track those calories and for now don't worry about the scale or measurements - what are some of your non-statistical victories??

    Jessi @ Not the Average Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non-statisical? Hmm. Well, I feel better overall. I feel like I can throw on a bikini and strut my stuff, until I look down at myself. But I feel good, and I'm noticing a difference in my thighs. Probably because I work them so much, but hey, I'm happy with it.

      Delete