Samantha Skye.: Morning Mayhem!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Morning Mayhem!

So at 5:00 this morning my mom comes into my room and wakes me up, saying my dad is waiting for a tow to pick up my car. My dad picked up a paper route, and my car has a better heater than his truck does so I let him use it in the mornings, and he's always back before I have to leave for work.

Well apparently at about 4:30, my car died on him. At first he thought the transmission went, but after he got out and looked at it, he discovered that the front passenger was sitting perpendicular to the rest of the car. It had completely fallen off!


(I'm assuming this is what it looked like)



So by now I'm freaking out because I had to pick up my co-worker and go to a meeting together, except I now have no car to get us there. And her car was indisposed too, so we were both screwed.

By about 6 this morning they had gotten my car into the local auto body shop, and my dad called them. They hadn't looked at it too deeply, but the ball joint had snapped for sure. The man told my dad they were going to check it out to see if anything else had happened and they'd call him back.

In the meantime, I called my co-worker and told her I wasn't going to make it to the meeting. My grandpa called up and offered to take me to work, which was SO super sweet of him.

So currently, I'm at work. Carless. Waiting to find out what exactly happened to my car and how much it's going to cost. It's times like this I'm very glad I got an emergency credit card. My dad is all weird about me using it, but this is the exact reason why I got one. In case of emergencies. Because right now both me and my dad are pretty tight on money and there would be no way we could pay to have my car fixed until I get my taxes back. Sigh.

It's one thing after another, though. And it's so frustrating because I'm trying to save up to move out to Michigan. How am I supposed to save anything if I keep having to fork money over for stuff like this? I'm learning that being an adult really kind of sucks. What was I thinking when I was younger, wishing to be older?

Hoping you guys have a better morning than I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment