Samantha Skye.: Weekend Recap... On A Thursday

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Weekend Recap... On A Thursday

I've had a weekend. Holy cow. I haven't posted anything since last week, and I'm sorry about that. I've been pretty busy.

On Saturday, after work, my car decided to throw me for a loop. I was on my way home from work when my battery light came on. And then my brake light... and then my air bag light. And then all of a sudden my emergency brake light was flashing at me and my car was turning off and slowing down. So I got her onto the side of the road where she totally died. And thus, three days in to my brand new insurance policy, I had to utilize their roadside assistance.

About a half hour later the tow truck finally got to me and towed my car over to this little auto body place nearby.. that was closed. By this point, my mom was there so it wasn't like I had no where to go. I called the number on the building hoping for a voicemail of some kind, but a lady answered and she was already on her way back to the place. Thank God. So she got there and I told her what happened and she said they'd look at it on Monday morning and get back to me.

So Monday rolls around and they call saying that it was the alternator, and I would get it back the next day. So Tuesday comes, and I go to pick up my car. And $332.25 later, I had my car back.

But I'm not done.

So the guy told me that I have to get my car looked at, because there's a bunch of stuff wrong with it, just in the front end. He didn't even look in the back. Ohhhh yay! By this point I'm pretty sure I looked like this


And probably a little like Leo here



And felt like doing this



What am I going to do? I'll tell you. I'm going to get my brakes fixed on Monday, because I know that those are pretty bad, and then I'm going to head on over to a dealership and get a new car. And not the sketchy kind of dealership I got my current car from, because that's proving to be coming back to bite me in the ass. I wish I didn't have to put more money into getting my crap car fixed before I trade it in, but I'd rather get as much as I can for a trade in on it.

If anyone has some advice, I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. I HATE car troubles. It's a main reason I've never wanted to move away from my family because my dad always fixes everything,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't know how I'm going to manage moving out of state with Dan. I'm too dependent on my dad!

      Delete