Samantha Skye.: TIOT: The "I Need Reminding" Edition

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

TIOT: The "I Need Reminding" Edition

Allieology


I was starting to give up. Eating healthy is expensive, I don't have time to go to the gym right now. Why can't this whole weight loss thing wait until I'm ready for it? That's what was going through my head the last few days, until I read Ally's blog this morning.

If I keep telling myself I need to wait for my life to settle down before I really start doing this, it's never going to happen. Life doesn't stop, and it's not going to slow down. I can put off buying a new car, but I can't put this off. It's not something to do once and then be done with it, losing weight is a lifestyle change. And that's something I keep forgetting. It's going to take time, and it's going to take a lot of effort. And as much as I've been writing about not making excuses, I've certainly been making a lot of them recently.

Guys, I love food. I love eating, and I love awesome food. My favorite thing in the world is a nice juicy cheeseburger and fries. And I know that I have to change that. Not to say I won't indulge a little every once in a while, but I need to change my mind before I can start changing my body. That's the thing I need to work on most. I covered this last time, but there is a huge mental part of weight loss, and I'm not there yet. I start thinking about what I will look like one day, and that usually gets me through my workouts. But I need to keep that skinny version of me in my head all the time.

I discovered something about myself this past weekend, and it really kind of got me down. I think a big reason why I want to lose weight is because other people want me to. Whenever I go to my grandparents, I don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm constantly checking the mirror, making sure I'm sucking in my stomach enough. They constantly monitor what I eat and they make nasty comments if they don't like what I'm eating. My grandma has something against me eating chips. Chips are my favorite snack food. That has to change, I know, but goodness. I'm always concerned with what other people say to me when I eat these foods. Or if I decide to sit down instead of go run around outside with my sisters.

I need to do this for me, because that's the only reason it's going to work. I need to stop thinking about what other people think, and do this for myself. So I'm going to do what Ally did, and I'm going to make a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. Not for other people, but for myself.




4 comments:

  1. It is important to lose weight be healthy because YOU want to not because other people want you to. When you're losing weight for other people it's easier to give up on it, but when you're doing it for YOU it's more motivation to get going and do it! For years family was always on me about losing weight and being rude and ugly about it - they thought they were helping, but in reality it made me just eat more because I felt like I wasn't good enough or whatever...it wasn't until I started getting it and decided to get healthy for ME that I started to have success with it and actually enjoy it.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora :) I've been struggling with that, too. I'd get home from my grandparents house and start eating a whole bunch, which isn't good. Once I get on the right track, everything will be great :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of the first tips I tell people is to write down WHY they want to begin this fitness journey and why it's important to them.

    Whether you share or not, I'm excited that you're going through this essential process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessi you are the bomb :D It sucks that it took me so long to get here, but better late than never!

      Delete