Samantha Skye.: Dear Walmart, You Suck

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dear Walmart, You Suck

I'm still alive! I will get to my absence later on after I've finished going through my pictures and getting a post written out for y'all, but for now I need to go on a rant.

For any fellow Shadowhunters out there, you know that today is a big HUGE day for us! (What am I talking about? Check it out here) The final book comes out today and we're all supposed to get our hearts ripped out. Bring it on!

So instead of cruising a half hour downtown where there is a Barnes&Noble, I decided to hit up my local Walmart, since it's on my way to work. And upon entering, this is what I see:


Naturally I'm starting to get excited. I mean, I've waited over a year for this baby to come out, and I will soon have her in my hands! 

I cruise down to where the books are... turn the corner aaannndd...

No book.

There is nothing! Not even a sign, not an indent indicating that it had been there but sold out. Nothing. Zilch. Trust me, I stood there for like ten minutes hoping that it would pop out at me. To no avail. 

So, Walmart, I'm not too pleased with you. How could you advertise something, and not have it on the shelves? It says, plain as day, that it was available Tuesday, May 27. Guess what, Walmart, it's Tuesday the 27th. And guess what else - my book was not available. 

Why am I so angry about this? Because, Walmart, this is not the first time this has happened to me. I don't know how many times I have gone to your store, seeing advertisement that something is there only to have it not be there. Actually with the book before this one, City of Fallen Angels, I encountered the same deal. So it's not like it happened this one time and I'm publicly ranting about this, oh no, this has happened multiple times in the past. So Walmart, get your shit together. I'm off to Target now.






6 comments:

  1. I can never find books in Walmart, they used to have a large section now its like a display in the front of the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The selection is really small, and it's always the same books. I was getting my hopes up because they had it advertised. I should have known better.

      Delete
  2. I never find books at walmart either. I always get them online and sent to my house.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/true-friends-are-hard-to-find.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For most things I would, but not when I've been waiting for this book for over a year lol.

      Delete
  3. Hope you had better Target luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! :) Target had it, right out front where I could see it and I was in and out of there in like five minutes. It was awesome

      Delete