Samantha Skye.: Henry VIII

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Henry VIII

i really hope you guys get just how hilarious this is
Hello loves!

I'm really trying to write more. I spend more time reading blogs than I do on my own blog, but I think blogging is slow for everyone this time of year. I just wanted to pop in to catch you guys up on what's been going on in the life of Sam and get a couple of things off of my chest.

I know you're probably wondering why the heck Henry VIII is looking pretty at the top of today's post, so let's hurry up and get that question answered! Lately good ole' King Henry has been my buddy. I've always been interested in the Tudor family, but a picture on Pinterest caught my attention and thus started my intense affair with this awesomely dysfunctional family. If you don't know who Henry VIII is, let's fast forward a bit. You know of Elizabeth I? She's Henry's youngest daughter. I won't bore you with all the details of his life like I desperately want to, I'll leave that for you guys to research. Go on, it would make me happy. I do have a point to all this, I promise.

I've always loved history, ever since I could remember. I used to want to be an archaeologist. More specifically, and Egyptologist. Hell, I won't lie to myself - I still would love to do that. Somewhere along the way, though, that dream tapered off. So for whatever reason, back when I was in high school thinking of what I could possibly go to college for, I never even thought about history. So stupid of me.

Dan and I were talking a bit back of what kind of job I would want to look into when it comes time for me to move, and naturally I said I would probably find something in the field I'm already in (banking, if you didn't know). But then he suggested, knowing my love of history, that I work at the museum in the town we'd be living in/around. And that's when the seed got planted. So I looked into it, and big surprise, a degree is required in order to work there. So very long story short, I'm thinking about going back to school. I don't know why I never thought about going to school for history, but better late than never I guess. I went through this phase a while back where I was trying to think of anything I could go to school for, and my dad was always very skeptical about my ideas. But when I brought this one up, it was the first time I got a completely positive response about it. If I'm looking for a sign, that might have been it. Nothing has been set in motion yet, the idea is just running around my brain like a chicken with its' head cut off.

I had planned on writing a bit more about the writer's block I've been having, and how I can't get around it, but I think that's a rant for another day. I really hope you guys get the Anaconda/Henry joke up there. If not, please let me know so I have an excuse to talk about it ;)



1 comment:

  1. I just got really deep into Wikipedia over Henry VIII - that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete