Samantha Skye.: Motley Crue

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Motley Crue


Happy Summer! If you're new around here and don't know I'm from Wisconsin, well, now you do! Hah. Okay anyway. In Wisconsin we have this sort of big deal called Summerfest that happens every year around the end of June and beginning of July. There are big headliners that perform at the big main stage at the park that you have to pay for, but then there are a million other free stages that not-so-famous people perform at.

Last year Imagine Dragons was at one of the free stages (surprisingly) and it was the most crowded concert I have ever seen there. It was nuts, and we ended up leaving because it was crazy. 

But this year, if you guys don't know, is Motley Crue's final tour, and one of their stops was at Summerfest. And for my birthday, like the most wonderful boyfriend that he is, Dan bought me tickets. So instead of seeing fireworks and a parade on the 4th of July, we saw a Motley Crue concert. And it was pretty kick ass. 

Alice Cooper opened for them, and he put on a pretty good show. I'm not big into Alice Cooper, and I was impressed so that's saying something. 




Now let me explain something about Motley Crue. When my dad was younger, Nikki Sixx inspired him to pick up the bass guitar. Ever since then, my dad has been in several different bands with the hopes of becoming famous. But alas his dreams were crushed when my parents found out they were pregnant with, guess who, me! 

So while I was growing up, Motley Crue was a huge staple in the house. I learned to love them from an early age on. And being able to see them in concert was probably the best thing ever. Besides this adorable guy next to me:


When they came out onstage.. I fangirled. There's no other way to describe it. I started jumping up and down and I was getting weird looks from just about everyone but hey, that was perfectly fine with me! We were the third section back, so sort of far away but even still, to have Nikki that close to me was overwhelming. 

There he was, my father's idol and inspiration, playing on a stage that wasn't too far away from us. It was sooo amazing. 




They played all of their old greatest hits, and I was in heaven. But the absolute best part came at the very end. You guys know the song "Home Sweet Home" by them right? No? Go look it up. We have this DVD at home of music videos of their greatest hits, and for HSH it's a live concert version of the song. The lights go down, the crowd waves their lighters in the air, and it's awesome. 

They finished up, not having done HSH and I was about to be a little sad. But then they all came running from a side of the stage onto this platform thing even closer to me than the stage was, and Tommy started on the piano, playing the opening for the song. 

Keep in mind, ever since I was little I've wanted to be a part of the crowd that waves their lighters to the song. And while I didn't have a lighter, I did have the flashlight on my cell phone. Guys, I cried. I was so happy that I cried. 







No comments:

Post a Comment